Call for Submissions: MONUS 2.0 | #70,000 to be won by Nigerian creatives
The Memoir of Nigerian University Students (MONUS) is an initiative that intends to embalm the memories of students of Nigerian universities in the museum of arts and their purpose is to collect not just stories cutting across several experiences during undergraduate years, but also stories and representations showing the ailing state of Nigerian universities and how it affects the lives of students.
- -This is open to only Nigerians writers who are either current students & alumni of Nigerian Universities.
- -This is a general call for prose, poetry, short drama, essays, photographs & artworks to express emotions
- -All entries must be based on or inspired by true-life stories or experiences of students (and alumni) while they were in the university.
- -All entries must be in the English language. Entries that use words from other languages should have footnotes explaining them. Where necessary, other footnotes are welcome.
- -Prose should not be longer than 1500 words. Essays, not longer than 1000 words. Poetry, not longer than 30 lines. Drama, no longer than 3 scenes. Each scene should not be longer than two sides of an A-4 paper.
- -Photographers/painters should send in only high-resolution images in jpeg formats. Every image should be captioned. Photographers/painters etc, images explicitly portraying nudity will not be accepted.
- -Each entrant may send in submission across a maximum of 3 different categories. For prose, not more than than one entry can be sent in. For poetry, not more than three poems. For photographers/painters and the likes, not more than 5 images.
- -All written entries should be submitted as MICROSOFT WORD document to email@example.com or through WhatsApp by clicking here (Pictorial submissions can also be sent as attachments to the same email).
- -All documents should be typed in; Times New Roman,
Font size 12,
1.5 line spacing.
The text should also be justified for all submissions except for poetry where any is allowable.
- -Each entry must be accompanied by a short bio of the author. The bio should contain a short description of the author, name of University, department, level of study & social media handles. The bio must not exceed 70 words.
The authors of the top 7 entries received shall receive a cash prize of N10,000 each.
Submissions are open till 21st, June 2019.
SUBMIT VIA MAIL
or via WHATSAPP
For further issue, visit their website HERE
Are you subscribed to our newsletter yet?
Why not?, it's free!
-Insightful tips to becoming a better artist in whatever niche it may be.
-Weekly motivacion on what you do (you know what that means, right?)
Jump in now by clicking => http://eepurl.com/gpX_3D